PLAYER’S CODE OF ETHICS
I HEREBY PLEDGE TO BE POSITIVE IN MY YOUTH SPORTS EXPERIENCES AND ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY FOR MY PARTICIPATION BY FOLLOWING THIS PLAYER’S CODE OF ETHICS PLEDGE:
- • I will encourage good sportsmanship from fellow players, coaches, officials, and parents at every game and practice by demonstrating good sportsmanship.
- • I will attend every practice and game that I can and will notify my coach if I cannot.
- • I will expect to receive fair and equal amount of playing time.
- • I will do my very best to listen and learn from my coaches.
- • I will treat my coaches, other players, officials and fans with respect regardless of race, sex, creed, or abilities, and I will expect to be treated accordingly.
- • I deserve to have fun during my sports experience and will alert parents or coaches if it stops being fun.
- • I deserve to play in an environment that is free from drugs, tobacco, and alcohol and expect adults to refrain from their use at all youth sports events.
- • I will encourage my parents to be involved with my team in some capacity, because it is important to me.
- • I will do my very best in school.
- • I will remember that sports participation is an opportunity to learn and have fun.
PARENT’S CODE OF ETHICS
I HEREBY PLEDGE TO PROVIDE POSITIVE SUPPORT, CARE, AND ENCOURAGEMENT FOR MY CHILD PARTICIPATING IN YOUTH SPORTS BY FOLLOWING THIS PARENTS’ CODE OF ETHICS:
- • I will encourage good sportsmanship by demonstrating positive support for all players, coaches, and officials at every game, practice or other youth sports event.
- • I will place the emotional and physical well being of my child ahead of my personal desire to win.
- • I will insist that my child play in a safe and healthy environment.
- • I will require that my child’s coach be trained in the responsibilities of being a youth sports coach and that the coach upholds the Coaches’ Code of Ethics.
- • I will support coaches and officials working with my child in order to encourage a positive and enjoyable
experience for all.
- • I will demand a sports environment for my child that is free from drugs, tobacco and alcohol and will refrain from their use at all youth sports events.
- • I will remember that the game is for youth – not adults.
- • I will do my best to make youth sports fun for my child.
- • I will ask my child to treat other players, coaches, fans, and officials with respect regardless of race, sex, creed or ability.
- • I will help my child enjoy the youth sports experience by doing whatever I can, such as being a respectful fan, assisting with coaching, or providing transportation.
- • I will read the National Standards for Youth Sports and do what I can to help all youth sports organizations implement and enforce them.
COACH’S CODE OF ETHICS
AS A CHAPTER OF THE NYSCA (NATIONAL YOUTH SPORTS COACH’S APPLICATION), ALL OF OUR VOLUNTEER COACHES ARE REQUIRED TO FOLLOW THE COACH’S CODE OF ETHICS PLEDGE.
- • I will place the emotional and physical well being of my players ahead of any personal desire to win.
- • I will remember to treat each player as an individual, remembering the large spread of emotional and physical development for the same age group.
- • I will do my very best to provide a safe playing situation for my players.
- • I will do my best to organize practices that are fun and challenging for all my players.
- • I will lead, by example, in demonstrating fair play and sportsmanship to all my players.
- • I will remember that children learn behavior not only from their parents but from their coaches. I will always be positive and praise the players constantly.
- • I will insure that I am knowledgeable in the rules of each sport that I coach, and that I will teach these rules to my players.
- • I will use those coaching techniques appropriate for each of the skills that I teach.
- • I will remember that I am a youth coach, and that the game is for the children and not adults.